LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument
The LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument allows you to monitor amplification of 32 PCR products simultaneously, in real-time and online, with six different detection channels in multiplex experiments. The LightCycler® Software 4.1 collects fluorescence data from all six channels at each cycle and displays it immediately, enabling you to terminate PCR runs early if signal levels are adequate, or prolong them when signals are too low. Amplification occurs in specially designed reaction capillaries, whose superb surface-to-volume ratio provides extremely rapid thermal transfer, facilitating high-speed thermal cycling. The combination of LightCycler® Capillaries and air-driven temperature control allows an entire 35-cycle run to be performed in as little as 30 minutes (with 20 µl capillaries) to 60 minutes (with 100 µl capillaries).
- Obtain fast, highly reproducible results using real-time, online PCR. Assay and analysis are complete in less than 45 minutes.
- Expect a greater signal-to-noise ratio and fewer unwanted PCR products, due to the rapid cycling of the LightCycler® Instruments.
- Choose from a wide variety of fluorescence formats for flexible experimental design and analysis.
- Efficiently manage and protect your data with LightCycler® Software 4.05/4.1 analysis modules.
- Employ sensitive and specific real-time PCR quantification in countless research applications.
- LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument
- LightCycler® 2.0 Sample Carousel (20 µl)
- LightCycler® Software 4.1
- LightCycler® Software 4.05/4.1 Tutorial
- LightCycler® Centrifuge Adapters
- 2 LightCycler® Capping Tools
- LightCycler® Capillary Releaser
The LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument offers the following outstanding features:
- Six fluorescence detectors measure fluorescence at 530, 560, 610, 640, 670, and 705 nm.
- State-of-the art software combines enhanced data analysis with efficient data management.
- Two sizes of reaction capillaries for 20 µL and 100 µL reactions provide flexibility for assay design.
- Optimized hardware components ensure rapid, ultra-precise temperature regulation and homogeneity for highest accuracy and reproducibility.
|Dimensions (without computer)||28.0 cm x 38.5 cm x 50.5 cm; (11 in x 11 in x 20 in)
(W x D x H)
|Weight||Approximately 22 kg (48.5 lbs)|
|Computer||Pentium PC with Windows XP|
|Reaction Vessel||LightCycler® Capillary|
|Reaction Volume||20 μL or 100 μL|
|Fluorescence Excitation||Blue LED with peak emission of 470 nm|
|Detection Channels||530, 560, 610, 640, 670, 710 nm|
|Measuring Mode||Real-time, online (continuous display of readings)|
|Typical Run Time||<30 minutes for 35 cycles|
|Temperature Ramp Rate (settings)||0.1-20°C/s|
|Temperature Accuracy||± 0.4°C|
Click here for more information about the LightCycler® Carousel-Based technology.
The LightCycler® Carousel-Based System can be used with:
- Universal ProbeLibrary
- SYBR Green I
- HybProbe Probes
- Hydrolysis Probes
- SimpleProbe Probes